OPERATIONAL STATUS: TEMPORARILY OFF THE AIR
WB4GBI 224.340 repeater is off the air at this time. A complete rebuild
and relocation is planned for this machine. Stay tuned to
wb4gbi.com or WB4GBI repeater systems on Facebook for more information
A brief history of
This machine went into service in late 1997. This is
the only 220-band repeater in the system.
The transceiver was bought from Jim Sayne (K4IBW)
and a controller was scavanged from an out of service machine to complete
the package This machine only features a maximum output power of
20 watts. It was originally located at the 146.625 and 53.15 site.
PRESENT EQUIPMENT LIST FOR THE 224.340 REPEATER:
This repeater is being upgraded, and will return to the air very soon!
- Motorola "Micor" series receiver - modified for 220 from VHF
- Motorola "Micor" series exciter (output 100 milliwatts) Modified
for 220 from VHF
- 25 watt PA chip, installed inside the transceiver
- Micro Computer Concepts RC-1000 control panel
- WACOM four cavity 220Mhz duplexer
- 1/2" foam heliax
- 4-element antenna (Similar to a DB-224) on the tower